Just added to the Icom website, a much needed firmware update for the IC-7700.
This is to inform you that Icom Inc. has published a firmware update for the IC-7700. The firmware update is free to download.
The new update follows a similar upgrade made to the IC-7800 last year and is aimed at providing sharpened performance and a greater user experience for operators.
New and improved features include:
1. Spectrum Waterfall Display: Review RF and AF characteristics on the IC-7700’s impressive 7-inch color LCD. Includes a wide screen setting.
2. PC Mouse Operation:Connect a mouse via USB to select operating frequency and control the spectrum scope.
3. Audio Scope Function: Review the FFT scope with waterfall and oscilloscope. In CW mode, observe mic compressor level and other attributes.
4. Digital Voice Recorder: Automatically capture incoming/outgoing calls onto an external memory card or flash drive.
5. Direct Remote Control Operation: Connect directly to an IP network using Icom’s optional RS-BA1 software and the IC-7700’s internal base station function. (A user operation PC is still required; a base station PC is not.)
Mini spectrum and audio scope screen from the upgraded Icom IC-7700
For more information, please refer to IC-7700 Information for Firmware version 2.00: http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/manual/pdf/
The firmware can be downloaded from the following URL from the Icom Inc website: www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/firm.
Icom UK Ltd